List:       dhcp-users
Subject:    Determining which failover host assigned a lease
From:       Nick Rogers <ncrogers () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-11 23:04:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I recently started using ISC DHCP server 4.2.3 in a failover configuration.
So far things are working well, except I am unable to determine which
server assigned a lease by looking at the dhcpd.leases file. For a given
client, both servers seem to contain an entry in dhcpd.leases with exactly
the same information.

I would like to be able to determine which router a client was assigned by
looking at dhcpd.leases, as I have scripts that examine the leases file.

Thanks.