List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Announcing DHCP 3.0b2pl6...
From:       Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon () nominum ! com>
Date:       2000-09-30 0:44:51

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

This fixes a bunch of core dumps and other problems.  I've included a
list of release notes below.  The file is available at:

	    ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-latest.tar.gz
or
	   ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/dhcp-3.0b2pl6.tar.gz

The following bugs are not fixed in this release:

Greg Karagiassotis: next-server doesn't work in pool decls
Stefan Gasteiger: server dies on bad file descriptor on Linux 2.0.36.
Robert Wilson: DNS updates in failover are deleted immediately
Various: no such domain error (this can be worked around by writing a
         zone declaration)
Joseph W. Breu: invalid binding state error

If you are aware of any outstanding bugs that are not in the above
list, that means that I think that they're fixed.  I'd appreciate it
if you could check to see that they're really fixed.  If they are not,
please let me know.   If you are building from an anoncvs tree, please
be sure to do a ``./configure; make clean; make'' after updating.

Thanks!

			       _MelloN_

		Changes since 3.0 Beta 2 Patchlevel 5

- Fix a bug in the recent enhancement to the interface discovery code
  to support arbitrary-length interface lists.

- Support NUL-terminated DHCP options when initializing client-script
  environment.

- Fix suffix operator.

- Fix NetWare/IP option parsing.

- Better error/status checking in dhcpctl initialization and omapi
  connection code.

- Fix a potential memory smash in dhcpctl code.

- Fix SunOS4 and (maybe) Ultrix builds.

- Fix a bug where a certain sort of incoming packet could cause a core
  dump on Solaris (and probably elsewhere).

- Add some more safety checks in error logging code.

- Add support for ISC_R_INCOMPLETE in OMAPI protocol connection code.

- Fix relay agent so that if an interface is specified on the command
  line, the relay agent does not dump core.

- Fix class matching so that match if can be combined with match or
  spawn with.

- Do not allow spurious leases in the lease database to introduce
  potentially bogus leases into the in-memory database.

- Fix a byte-order problem in the client hardware address type code
  for OMAPI.

- Be slightly less picky about what sort of hardware addresses OMAPI
  can install in host declarations.