List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Re: Configuration locations.
From:       Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon () nominum ! com>
Date:       2000-09-27 19:14:13

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> Features I would like to see:

Features get added to the ISC distribution because the protocol
requires them, or because I think they would make the product more
reliable or useful, or because someone who is paying my bills asks me
to add them, and they make sense, or because I identify someone who
has a strong need for the feature who can't get it through one of the
preceeding three methods and I have time to help them.

I have very limited time to work on enhancing the ISC server, and lots
of work to do, so you can see that anything that's not really
important doesn't happen.   This is unfortunate.   I encourage you to
submit diffs, but please don't submit diffs that are system-specific,
because I generally won't take them.   You get extra credit if you
update the documentation to reflect your enhancements, rather than
leaving that to me.   Someone sent some diffs like this in a couple of
weeks ago, and I was so excited I nearly fell out of my chair!

			       _MelloN_