List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Re: negative refcnt
From:       Nominum Support <Greg.Kulosa () nominum ! com>
Date:       2000-09-26 17:55:31

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> I am running FreeBSD 5.0(Current) and have been receiving some unhealthy
> messages about a negative refcnt in my logs for the last couple of days.  This
> is the message:
>
> Sep 25 09:33:01 unix dhcpd: buffer_dereference: negative refcnt!

What version of the DHCP code are you running?  Did it come with FreeBSD,
or did you dowload it from the ISC site and compile it yourself?

And yes, it does indicate a problem.  I want to see if you are running
the latest code, or maybe an older snapshot.  Sometimes things like this are fixed in
later snapshots.

Thanks.

--
Greg A. Kulosa          | "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Consulting Engineer     |  late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh