List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Re: One primary, several secondaries for different pools?
From:       Glenn Satchell <Glenn.Satchell () uniq ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-07-28 14:29:26

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

>Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:23:05 +1000 (EST)
>From: Glenn Satchell <Glenn.Satchell@uniq.com.au>
>Subject: One primary, several secondaries for different pools?
>To: dhcp-server@isc.org
>
>Our site consists of 6 offices in different cities. Currently we have
>dhcp failover running with one server in each of our two biggest
>offices. These two servers are primary and secondary for all our pools.
>Upgraded to 3.0.3b3 last week (literally hours before 3.0.3rc1 came
>out, d'oh).
>
>We want to change it so that we have one server as primary for all
>pools, but have a server in each office that is secondary for the pools
>in that office.
>
>I have created the configuration files, essentially one for each office
>- on the central server it includes all the subnet definitions - in
>each office it only includes the local network definitions.
>
>Anyone see any flaws in this theory?

Did the cutover the other night and so far has been working very well.

We shut down both dhcp servers, copied the lease file from the
secondary to all the "new" secondaries, and started things up. A big
flurry while each of the new secondaries deleted all the leases that
were for other networks and it started working straight away - didn't
have to wait for MCLT to expire or anything.

regards,
-glenn