List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Re: quotes or no quotes for domain-name option?
From:       Peter Marschall <peter () adpm ! de>
Date:       2003-09-28 15:08:00

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi,

On Sunday 28 September 2003 16:32, Michael Wardle wrote:
> This is the same conclusion I reached, so you can understand my
> confusion.
>
> Is it certain that dhcpd strips the quotes before sending to the
> clients?  If so, how can my the behavior of my clients be explained?

I cannot explain your clients' behaviour, but am pretty sure of the
stripping since the compayn I work for uses dhcpd with quotes
around the domain-name option in the config files and it works for
for about 10.000 clients (Windows, Linux, ...) in more than 300
customer domains
(we create the dhcpd.conf files programmatically ;-).

Peter
--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de