List:       dhcp-hackers
Subject:    Antwort: Fwd: OMAPI Host Object and Duplicate MACs in different subnets
From:       Uwe.Buchwitz () gavi ! de
Date:       2008-07-25 7:48:15

Hi Caciano,
if you are familiar with Perl, Just use omapi-perl.
Adding an Host Object you can concatinate IP Adresses using a dot as
delimiter like:

$H1 = $C->Create_Host ({
    'name'                             => 'somehost.somedomain.com'
,      'ip-address'            => '192.168.254.12.192.168.255.12'
,   'hardware-address' =>              '00:b0:54:9d:46:31'
});

The Object will then appear in the leases file with a komma as delimiter:

host somehost.somedomain.com {
  dynamic;
  hardware ethernet 00:b0:54:9d:46:31;
  fixed-address 192.168.254.12,192.168.255.12;
}

You can retrieve the modul from:

http://www.net.cmu.edu/netreg/omapi.tar.gz

regards

Uwe

"Caciano Machado" <caciano@gmail.com>
Gesendet von: dhcp-hackers-bounce@isc.org
24.07.2008 22:19
Bitte antworten an
dhcp-hackers@isc.org

An
dhcp-hackers@isc.org
Kopie

Thema
Fwd: OMAPI Host Object and Duplicate MACs in different subnets

Hi,
I'm managing to enable duplicate MACs in different subnets for ISC
DHCP with OMAPI host entries. After some workarounds I've got some
progress. Here is a patch (for dhcp 3.1.1) with the modifications I've
done. With this, I can add more than one IP for each MAC. I just
removed some tests that were avoiding the duplication and I don't know
what are the side effects :-). Although, the host entries are
activated only after a DHCP restart. How can I enable the "online"
activation of these entries? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Caciano