List:       dhcp-hackers
Subject:    Re: Patch to ignore a few invalid interface types
From:       "David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins () isc ! org>
Date:       2005-09-28 18:46:45

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:34:20AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I was wondering this when I patched it out, but at present dhcp-client
> complains with my Firewall Ethernet interface, but this could conversely be
> probably patched in the opposite direction to work properly...

Hmmm, I'm going to accept this verbatim and hopefully clean up firewire
in a later feature release.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work with the lpf/bpf compilation of the
client and server, and I'm not totally sure it works on the bsd socket
variety either.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."