List:       dhcp-hackers
Subject:    Re: Introduction
From:       "David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins () isc ! org>
Date:       2005-03-10 2:17:28

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:51:28AM +1100, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'd just like to find out if this is the best list to discuss bugs that
> Debian users report?

if you mean that you've analyzed a problem, found it to be a bug, or better
yet have a patch, dhcp-bugs@isc.org (our bug tracking database) is a better
place.

if you mean talking about the best way to solve a bug you've analyzed (and
you intend to write a patch) then yes.

or the best way to go about a new feature improvement.

but for finding out if certain things are bugs or not, that's something
best done onfically to dhcp-server@isc.org and dhcp-client@isc.org
for the server and client respectively.

other than that, you'll hear from this list when a beta goes out.

> There's a lot of outstanding bugs at http://bugs.debian.org/src:dhcp3, and
> I'd like to determine if any of them have been address in version 3.0.2

241388 is the only one that i recognize from the subject line that's probably
fixed in 3.0.2.  the dhcp-relay ones all sound like the user is confused
about how it's supposed to work (the relay isn't quite the finished product
many people think it is).

it certainly looks like you have your work cut out for you.  that's quite
a list of bugs.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Operations Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."