List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: dhclient with alias IP addresses?
From:       Anthony Ewell <aewell () gbis ! com>
Date:       2001-09-04 1:22:19

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi Matthew,

    Well, there goes that idea.

    I was hoping you were going to say 255.255.255.252 (FF.FF.FF.FC).
That would have meant that your ISP misunderstood there equipment
and that your other six address were actually fixed addresses.

   I had to deal with a few ISP's that routinely assigned ff.ff.ff.fc
as a mask and assigned 7 addresses to each DSL user.  They next to
called me an idiot when I asked for a single, dynamic IP.
(I didn't have the heart to tell them that my ISP routinely
gives out dynamic IP's to its DSL accounts and yes it was possible.
3.00 U$D cheaper per month too.)

   I think you are going to have to come up with a way to temporarily
stick your other computers directly on the internet when you want
to game.  (Do not forget to firewall each unit!)

Good luck,
--Tony