List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: what is the DHCP+ ?
From:       Ken Milder <khm () lanl ! gov>
Date:       2001-02-14 2:29:07

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Where did you hear this terminology? It sounds like something a marketing
department invented: DHCP with added proprietary functionality.

   -Ken

At 2/7/2001 12:40 PM , SRD Zhang WeiFeng wrote:
>    *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
>

>Hi,
>
>Could some one tell me what the DHCP+ stands for ?
>
>As I know that IETFis busy with defining drafts for using
>DHCP as not only a IP configuration protocol but also a
>3A protocol? So will it be the nickname for DHCP+?
>or there is already such offical protocols?
>
>Thanks,
>
>weifeng zhang

Kenneth H. Milder
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Computing, Information, and Communications Division
Network Engineering Group(CIC-5)
Network Support Team (NST)/X Division Computing Services Team (XCS)
MS-F605
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545-0010

Office:  (505)667-2552
Fax:	   (505)665-9387