List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: Invalid hlen error
From:       Brian Teravskis <Brian () wd0efl ! tzo ! net>
Date:       2001-01-13 1:08:13

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Ted,

That would not surprise me. I used to use pump all the time until a month or
two ago. I noticed that my ISP farmed out the DHCP services to a company out in
California. Ever since I have had problems.

I will mute the errors so they don't fill my logs, and I will beat on the cable
company, not that it will do much...

Thanks anyway,

Brian

Ted Lemon wrote:

>    *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
>
> It looks like your ISP has a network where you are not isolated from
> the others, and that may be part of the problem.  Most of the messages
> your tcpdump captured were from other clients.  As to why your
> DHCPREQUEST messages aren't getting acked, I suspect it's on your
> ISP's end, unfortunately.
>
>                                _MelloN_

Brian K. Teravskis            Brian@wd0efl.tzo.net
ARS WD0EFL