List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: dhcp release
From:       Neal Horman <neal () wanlink ! com>
Date:       2000-07-15 16:31:03

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Robert Withrow wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:41:23 -0400
> From: Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
> To: dhcp-client@isc.org
> Cc: Neal Horman <neal@wanlink.com>
> Subject: Re: dhcp release
>
>    *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
>

> A scan through the FreeBSD Gnats PR database shows there are several
> people making (often conflicting) changes to the FreeBSD dhclent-script.
>
> Seems like it would be nice if they could all collaborate!

	Very true. Consider however, someone pulling and installing the
software suite from the ISC site. If these changes are only made on the
FreeBSD port, you only get the changes if you install the software suite
as FreebBSD port.

	The changes need to be made at the very least in the ISC
distribution, not to mention, that the other BSD's probably would benefit
from similar changes to the dhclient-script for the particular BSD flavor.

	I would think it somewhat likely, that if the changes are made in
the ISC distribution, then the changes will propogate to the FreeBSD port.