List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: DHCPRELEASE needed to disconnect from Hong Kong broadband ISP
From:       "Brian J. Murrell" <dhcp-lists-in () interlinx ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2000-02-06 19:46:40

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

from the quill of Nick Urbanik <nicku@vtc.edu.hk> on scroll
<389DA3B7.573E525F@vtc.edu.hk>

> Hi Brian!

Hi Nick.

> I am happy to do any hacking required.  I've left my DHCP Handbook at
> work, and need some suggestions on where to start.

Well it's a coding issue.  I am in the middle of coding up events for
the client via OMAPI.  At this point you can config ("up") a new
interface on the fly.  No release yet though, although I have release
code, so it's just a matter of "hooking" it into the OMAPI framework.

I was/am waiting for the tree to stablize so that I can sync and have a
relatively good idea that things will (mostly) work.  Ted has been doing
a lot of work on the HEAD of the tree lately but I believe I got a
message from him on Friday that things should be mostly stable.

I will sync my code to the tree and hack some more today.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX