List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: DHCP client on Tru64 5.0
From:       Duane Eddingfield <deddingf () home ! com>
Date:       1999-12-04 2:58:30

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Bob Stratton wrote:

> Having just built the 2.0 server on my Tru64 UNIX Alpha, I have observed the
> exact same corruption of the last 2 bytes of the MAC address. Mine also
> were corrupted to "74".
>
> This appears consistent. I also did a build with CC = cc -std0.
>
> Any ideas as to where to look first? I'm wondering if we don't have a
> signed/unsigned or sizeof(int) problem somewhere.
> I haven't built a lot of 64-bit clean code, so that's just a guess.

        Ah ha! You are getting the exact same results that I do... The '74'
on the end is an interesting clue. I have poked around in the source a bit,
with an eye to finding where it gets the MAC address from the kernel
and go from there. I don't know if you tried, but DEC's joinc does not
work either, but I am not going to wait for a solution from them.

    I'll see if I can find some time for debugging this weekend...

Cheers,

</Duane>