List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: linux dhcp client setup with NT dhcp server
From:       Ted Lemon <Ted_Lemon () iengines ! com>
Date:       1999-11-11 3:09:05

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> Did you really mean dhcpd.conf ?? The Linux box is the CLIENT to
> the WinNT DHCP server.

Sorry, /etc/dhclient.conf.

> I added the line to /etc/dhclient.conf without getting any improvement.
> (I tried "send hostname ..." and "send host-name")

It's send host-name - sorry about that.   I don't know what to tell
you - the only possible difference I can see is that Windows machines
generally (and incorrectly, I might add) NUL-terminate the host-name
that they send.

			       _MelloN_