List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    HPUX client and ISC DHCP
From:       Dano Carroll <dano () dazel ! com>
Date:       1999-10-15 23:39:30

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi,

	I noticed some questions concerning an HPUX workstation
	getting its configuration information from DHCP. I was able to
	get it to work after examining the /etc/auto_parms file.

	When an HP system boots, you see the line that says that
	auto_parms is attempting to get information from DHCP. It
	checks the following conditions:

	1. Is hostname set?
	2. Does /etc/dhcpclient.data exist?
	3. Is DHCP_ENABLE set for the interface?

	If all of the above are true, then the system will get its
	information from an ISC DHCP server. Set the hostname in the
	/etc/rc.config.d/netconf file. Run touch to create an empty
	/etc/dhcpclient.data file. Edit /etc/rc.config.d/netconf to
	set DHCP_ENABLE to 1 for the interface you want to dhcpclient
	(e.g. DHCP_ENABLE[0] = 1).

					Regards,
					Dano

--
Dano Carroll         | VM  (512)494-7300 x233 | "You want to be my friend? Well
DAZEL Corporation    | FAX (512)494-7394      | ok, but I don't want anybody