List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Relay Agent not working
From:       Jaime Gil <jtorrico () jungle ! bt ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-23 11:25:43

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi all,

I have a problem to solve. We have v3.0 ISC dhcp client which tries to
access a dhcp server in a different subnet. To do so we use the v3.0 ISC
relay agent. We know that the relay forwards DHCPDISCOVER packets from
the dhcp client to the dhcp server, this answers correctly and reaches
the relay again. But the relay doesn't forward the packets to the
client's subnet. It seems that the relay doesn't work properly - there
seem to be not finished functions in the source code.
However we try with another relay agent (Wide distribution) and all is
fine.

Has anybody found the same problem with the ISC distribution and managed
to solve it ? It would be good to use all the DHCP programs from ISC ...

--
Jaime Gil
work tel. (01473) 648632