List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: activate request?
From:       Ted Lemon <Ted_Lemon () isc ! org>
Date:       1999-08-16 16:16:36

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> Is there then a way for me to call upon a function in dhclient.c to do that?
> How about send_discover() or send_request()?

You would call state_init() on the state machine you wanted to
reinitialize.

> Unfortunately, I guess I don't have time to wait for it to reach a
> standard and to let be correctly implemented by you :-( Do you think
> it will require a lot of work to do or have you already some ideas
> of how it can be solved that you can share with me?

I have some ideas.  It's not very hard - just a matter of hacking
locate_network to look for the subnet selection option and use it if
present.  The primary reason that I haven't already done it is that I
don't know what the option code will be.

			       _MelloN_