List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: Multi-OS problems
From:       Ted Lemon <Ted_Lemon () isc ! org>
Date:       1999-08-14 4:58:56

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> I have both FreeBSD 3.2 and Win95b on my computer. I'm using cable-modem
> but Videotron (the cable provider) do not give me the same address under
> both systems. Why?

Different client identifier.   Add the following to your
/etc/dhclient.conf:

interface "ep0" {
  send dhcp-client-identifier 1:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
}

Where "ep0" is the interface name, and the x's are the ethernet
address.   You might also need to send a host-name option.

			       _MelloN_