List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: DHCP lease renewing every 30 secs
From:       Sebastian Tennant <sebyte () smolny ! plus ! com>
Date:       2005-10-28 18:39:00

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Ted Lemon wrote:
>    *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
>
> I would be willing to bet that the ISP has some kind of process you haven't
> followed, because you aren't running Windows, the completion of which changes
> things so that you get a longer lease.   It's possible that your ISP is just
> crazy, however.   60-second leases really don't scale well, but they do let
> you shut someone down quickly if you want to.

Hmmm... OK.  Well thanks to everyone for their help, especially David and Ted.
I will email them and see what they say.   Who knows, it might be quite amusing :-)

In the mean time I might cobblle together a little cron job that periodically
strips out all the 'dhclient' lines in my syslog.

Thanks again,

sebyte