List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: resolve.conf
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-06 13:02:56

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Op Saturday 06 December 2003 08:42, schreef Anthony Ewell:
AE>    *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message.
 *** AE>
AE> Anthony Ewell wrote:
AE>
AE> >   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message.
 *** AE> >
AE> >Hi All,
AE> >
AE> >   I just upgraded dhcp-client-3.0pl1-1cra.i386.rpm on a clients Red Hat
 9 AE> >server.  eth1 is operating as a client from an Internet provoder.
 eth0 AE> >uses dhcp-server-3.0pl1-1cra.i386.rpm as a DHCP server to all
 workstations AE> >on eth0.

AE> >   Problem:  this version ignores my supercede comands in
 /etc/dhclient.conf AE> >and consequently overwrites my /etc/resolv.conf with
 my ISP's informations. AE> >This really, really freaks out my Samba file
 server, which is set to resolve AE> >(/etc/resolv.conf) host names with my
 local name server.

AE> >    As a temproary solution, I commented out the commands in
AE> >/sbin/dhclinet-script: "function make_resolv_conf" and hand corrected
AE> >/etc/resolv.conf.
AE> >
AE> >   Is this a reported bug?  If so, can I be added to the bug list
AE> >(bugzilla?)?
AE> >If not, how does one go about registering the bug?
AE> >
AE> >Many thanks,
AE> >--Tony
AE> >aewell@gbis.com
AE> >
AE> >My /etc/dhclient.conf (local domain name changed):
AE> >
AE> >      reject 192.168.255.10;
AE> >      prepend domain-name-servers 192.168.255.10;
AE> >      supersede domain-name "iamnottellingyou.com";
AE> >      supersede domain-name-servers 192.168.255.10;

FWIW, my dhclient.conf looks like:

send host-name "myhostname";
prepend domain-name "local ";
prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

And the resulting resolv.conf:

search local my.domain.nl
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 213.51.129.168
nameserver 213.51.144.168

Now observe carefully and notice the space in "local " in dhclient.conf.

Does this help you?

Cheers,

Leen