List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    resolve.conf
From:       Anthony Ewell <aewell () gbis ! com>
Date:       2003-11-22 22:48:48

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi All,

   I just upgraded dhcp-client-3.0pl1-1cra.i386.rpm on a clients Red Hat 9
server.  eth1 is operating as a client from an Internet provoder.  eth0
uses dhcp-server-3.0pl1-1cra.i386.rpm as a DHCP server to all workstations
on eth0.

   Problem:  this version ignores my supercede comands in /etc/dhclient.conf
and consequently overwrites my /etc/resolv.conf with my ISP's informations.
This really, really freaks out my Samba file server, which is set to resolve
(/etc/resolv.conf) host names with my local name server.

    As a temproary solution, I commented out the commands in
/sbin/dhclinet-script: "function make_resolv_conf" and hand corrected
/etc/resolv.conf.

   Is this a reported bug?  If so, can I be added to the bug list
(bugzilla?)?
If not, how does one go about registering the bug?

Many thanks,
--Tony
aewell@gbis.com

My /etc/dhclient.conf (local domain name changed):

      reject 192.168.255.10;
      prepend domain-name-servers 192.168.255.10;
      supersede domain-name "iamnottellingyou.com";
      supersede domain-name-servers 192.168.255.10;