List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    question on $host_name in dhclient-enter-hooks
From:       April Carvalho <acarvalh () brave ! cs ! uml ! edu>
Date:       2003-10-03 21:42:32

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hopefully someone can solve this mystery...

According to the docs, the script dhclient-enter-hooks
should have the dhcpd.conf options as shell variables,
so that option host_name becomes $host_name as a shell
variable in dhclient-enter-hooks.

However, when I found out that my script didn't work,
and exported the shell variables, I actually had
$new_host_name instead of $host_name.  Also many variables
that that were in the dhcpd.conf file were not in the
export.

The client in question, Debian Woody 3.0.  Is this a quirk
that I should mention to the Debian people or is it a dhclient
issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

April Carvalho