List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    SLP problem (fwd)
From:       Andrew Nielson <A.Nielson () mailbox ! gu ! edu ! au>
Date:       2003-03-07 4:24:55

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi,

After around 2 and a half days of looking at this I've tracked down and
fixed the problem with slp information not being sent with dhcp packets.

After checking ISC's dhcp debug mode (dhcpd -d -f) I found that it was
answering as not-authoritative for most subnets. It would appear that
unless you specify authoritative; as an option it defaults to
not-authoritative.

When the dhcp server is not authoritative some information is not passed
out. slp information is one of these bits of info.

Andrew