List:       dhcp-client
Subject:    Re: IP address attribution
From:       Ted Lemon <mellon () nominum ! com>
Date:       2001-10-18 16:45:55

   *** From dhcp-client -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> An other question, I don't understand why dhcp attributes all the time the
> same address (9.12.1.249) by workstation.
> Indeed, at beginning, dhcp attribute an IP adress by worstation and it
> never changes.
> I have an other dhcp client with the following IP address : 9.12.1.248. If
> I powered off it and I reboot
> the other workstation, it keeps the same IP adress. Why?

Because that's how it's supposed to work.   This is what the DHCP protocol
specification says the DHCP server should do, and I followed the
specification when I implemented the server.   Right now there is  no way
to disable this behavior.   Is it a problem for you, or were you just
curious?