List:       dents-list
Subject:    We won't use glib for now
From:       Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis () mindspring ! net>
Date:       1998-12-15 2:20:11

We have decided not to pursue using glib for the time being.  Converting
existing code over to glib would cost us time, and right now the thing
we need to do is get Dents usable as quickly as possible.  We have
not ruled out using glibin the future, but for now it is a no go.
I will be using a thin dlopen wrapper, heavily influenced by gmodule,
to implement the module system.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82