List:       dents-list
Subject:    Re: code review needed - increase number of zones (fwd)
From:       Johannes Erdfelt <jerdfelt () sventech ! com>
Date:       1998-12-08 21:26:52

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998, Greg Rumple <grumple@hway.net> wrote:
> Well I loaded it up with 87,088 zones without a hitch.  It did require
> twice as much ram as BIND 8.1.2 to load the same number of zones.  This
> almost caused my machine to swap (202M versus 99M) but the server was
> functional.  I also ran down some more problems (I have switched from
> purify to Insure++ which runs on Linux and have had a lot more success
> finding obscure bugs).  I will be submitting a diff as soon as I get
> things a tad further (primarly lots of un-initialized memory).

That's good news. I'm kinda curious why we use so much more memory. I'll
add that to my todo list as well.

Did Insure detect any memory leaks (allocated but not free'd)?

I'd like to use Insure as well, but the people at parasoft tell me they
don't let people eval versions of their product on platforms they have
no competitors, such as Linux. I have to buy it to test it out. Oh well.

JE