List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Kmail stopped working, "Unexpected response from POP3 server"
From:       Ethan Benson <erbenson () alaska ! net>
Date:       2001-01-04 15:30:00

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 10:22:14AM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to use Windows right now because Kmail has stopped
> functioning. When I go to check my e-mail, it gives me "Internal
> Error" followed by a line about submitting a bug report, then a
> line that says "Unexpected response from POP3 server". It
> keeps on doing this on the second message, no matter what the
> message is. Everywhere else, including Outlook Express, I can
> retrieve my mail just fine. Any ideas?

use fetchmail to fetch your mail and deliver it to your local MTA
which delivers it to your local mail spool.  then have kmail just use
that instead of using pop3 itself.  perhaps not the solution your
looking for but its far better then using MS Outhouse.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/