List:       debian-user
Subject:    Mouse freezes in KDE 2.1 under unstable
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-01-01 1:28:28

Hello,

I've finally gotten my X server working on this computer with an Ati Rage
128 All-InWonder Pro graphics card, but am having trouble with the mouse.
It's a generic two-button mouse hooked up to the PS/2 port. When I get
into KDE 2.1 under Debian unstable, the mouse jumps around to a few
places while Ksplash is loading things and I'm able to use it for a few
seconds, but then it freezes. If I open some programs by using my keyboard
and I close them, then sometimes the mouse will work again, but then it'll
freeze again. When it's working and I move it over some things, sometimes
it's as if it puts focus on something without me clicking on any buttons.
I'd
appreciate any help with this. I've uploaded a copy of my XF86Config-4 file
to:
http://www.gigabee.com/linuxextras/xf86config-4.txt

I have the latest stuff from Debian unstable. Is there anything I need to
add or
delete from this file? Any other files or programs that I should be looking
at?
It took me a while to get this X server up and running and I'm not even sure
what finally did it so I'm afraid of running anymore X configuraiton
programs
that could mess things up.

Happy New Year everyone!

- Bart