List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Mail download problem
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ob6 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2000-03-17 10:30:59

> I am using fetchmail/exim to download my mail. Recently fetchamil quits
> in the middle of downloading mails with attachments and exim complains
> about a unexpected termination of SMTP. All other download works fine
> on my system.
>
> I have also tried using a MUA with it's own POP3 retrieval, but the
> same thing happens!
>
> What might be wrong?
*possibly* your mailbox on the server is screwed up. however, this is
unprobable.

is there enough space on you hard drive, i.e. on your /var partition?
you say, that only mails with attachements are refused (which tend to be a
bit larger).

if the other fetching programm (your pop3-mua) would not complain, too, i
would suspect, that fetchmail's fetch-limit is set too low.