List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: partition reporting full, but not
From:       debian-user () howorth ! org ! uk
Date:       2024-02-20 17:14:41

Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Keith Bainbridge composed on 2024-02-20 17:45 (UTC+1100):
>
> > I just removed 3 snapshots from my daily driver with no change in
> > used space reported by df
>
> df doesn't know how to calculate freespace on btrfs. You need to be
> typing
>
> 	btrfs filesystem df

df [options] <path>
           Show a terse summary information about allocation of block
           group types of a given mount point. The original purpose of
           this command was a debugging helper. The output needs to be
           further interpreted and is not suitable for quick overview.

FWIW my root filesystem is btrfs and I use the normal df command all the
time without a problem. I've never used btrfs filesystem df