List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: partition reporting full, but not
From:       Max Nikulin <manikulin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-02-19 1:59:37

On 19/02/2024 06:26, Keith Bainbridge wrote:

> So later yesterday afternoon I created a new snapshot with no obvious
> change is free space.

Effect of snapshots is delayed. When you remove a file that does not
belong to any snapshot, some disk space is reclaimed. However to restore
a file (even a removed later) from a snapshot, it must be stored
anywhere. That is why snapshots consume disk space.

Try to remove unnecessary snapshots. I have no idea if btrfs requires
additional maintenance.