Hi David and Max, many thanks for the precise and very helpful answers. I will check the anacron status before the next reboot. Thanks again Rainer Am Montag, 12. Februar 2024, 05:20:16 CET schrieb David Wright: > On Sun 11 Feb 2024 at 20:41:51 (+0000), Darac Marjal wrote: > > On 11/02/2024 11:21, Rainer Dorsch wrote: > > > - How do I set a timeout/limit for anacron, that it cannot block forever > > > during a reboot? > > > > It may be germane to point out that anacron.service already explicitly > > sets "TimeoutStopSec=Infinity". So, in the opinion of the developers, > > the service shouldn't be prematurely killed. Of course you, as the > > system administrator, always have the right to countermand that sort > > of decision, but it would be curious to find out why the developers > > thought they needed to override the systemd default in the first > > place? > > Bug #915379 explains all: long-running cron jobs, like backups, can > get killed, and there was also an issue with exim. > > There's mention there of an anacron replacement called cronie, but > I don't know what the status of this is, besides being in trixie. > > Cheers, > David. -- Rainer Dorsch http://bokomoko.de/