List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Re: Debian in HPC
From:       Stuart Barkley <sab22 () 4gh ! net>
Date:       2024-01-08 22:03:12

I think some places are moving to Ubuntu=2E  The thought is that Ubuntu kee=
ps more up to date with software=2E  I preferred to keep the OS minimal and=
 build the user software independently since there usually were complex dep=
endencies and Debian should be fine in that case=2E

We used diskless servers with stable ramdisk boot images and I did not get=
 Debian or Ubuntu working before I retired=2E  I didn't get far enough alon=
g to try Infiniband or GPFS=2E  GPFS was working for some others on Ubuntu =
workstations=2E

The Beowulf mailing list is good=2E

Stuart