List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Synaptic Problem
From:       David Christensen <dpchrist () holgerdanske ! com>
Date:       2023-12-23 16:19:37

On 12/23/23 05:34, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> I installed VMware-Player-Full-17.5.0-22583795.x86_64.bundle without any
> problems.

Where did you get that file?  The following URL (?):

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html

I have suffered much negative reinforcement by attempting to use
software on Debian that is not integrated into the Debian APT ecosystem.
  So, I avoid such software whenever possible.

On 12/23/23 06:13, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
 > My major problem is, because of the problem with VMWare Player, I
 > can.t use Synaptic or apt to update and upgrade Bookworm.

Do you have an sources.list(5) configuration line for VirtualBox?

2023-12-23 08:15:57 root@taz ~
# egrep '^deb' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/90-virtualbox.list
deb https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian bullseye contrib

David