List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Debian bug report etiquette
From:       John Crawley <john () bunsenlabs ! org>
Date:       2023-02-28 1:30:37

On 27/02/2023 19:58, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> I see the maintainer has
> uploaded a new version with a fix for your issue (--execute), but
> they have pointed out that the original bug was complaining about
> something different (-c): I hadn't noticed the difference, and it
> seems only the former is a policy violation in their eyes. I hope
> the action properly addresses *your* issue.
Indeed it does.

I guess the issue of how to handle the arguments following -e is a bit tricky, and \
this *ought not to work*: x-terminal-emulator -e 'if true; then { echo "true"; \
bash;}; fi' although it does with some terminals.
'if true; then { echo "true"; bash;}; fi' doesn't work in an actual terminal \
interface though, because the whole quoted string is treated as a single command, and \
rejected.

This works:
x-terminal-emulator -e sh -c 'if true; then { echo "true"; bash;}; fi'

Anyway the issue is fixed. :)

--
John