List:       debian-user
Subject:    [SOLVED] Re: postfix + gmail
From:       "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-06-03 20:01:11

And, of course, half an hour after giving up and asking for help, I discovered
what I needed to change.

I did a "journalctl | grep smtp" and noticed that, when my machine was
connecting to gmail, it seemed to be doing so on port 25. Aha!

So I changed my transport file explicitly to use port 587 when connecting to
smtp.googlemail.com, reloaded everything and now it works.

(Slightly in my defence, I had briefly pondered the question of port number
earlier this morning, but, since I hadn't seem any mention of it in my reading
of solutions to this problem, I figured that the fact that I had enabled auth
in the main.cf file must mean that postfix was automagically going to use port
587 instead of port 25. Now I know better.)

   Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans