List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Printing bug: which package to report?
From:       David Jarvie <djarvie () balgownie ! scot>
Date:       2021-10-04 10:22:01

On Sunday, 3 October 2021 18:01:32 -0700 Peter Ehlert wrote:
> On 10/3/21 3:01 PM, David Jarvie wrote:
> > I've found a new printing bug which I want to report, but I don't know
> > which package to report against.
> >
> > My Samsung M2885FW printer now always prints double sided even when I set
> > the duplex print parameter to Off. This is on Debian Bullseye. It didn't
> > happen when Bullseye was first released in August.
>
> can you edit the settings with CUPS?
>
> http://localhost:631/admin/

It is already configured with duplex off in CUPS (Two-sided: None, and Reverse
Two-sided: None). Duplex is shown as off both in the print dialog options and
in the CUPS configuration. Note that this happens when printing both from a KDE
application (Okular) and from LibreOffice, which use different print dialogs. So
it doesn't seem to be an application issue, but rather an issue in some print-
related package.