List:       debian-user
Subject:    Screen scaling and 4k support in libvirt with qemu/kvm
From:       Rainer Dorsch <ml () bokomoko ! de>
Date:       2021-01-26 22:16:09

Hi,

with virtualbox, it is possible that the guest system rescales its screen if I
change the window for the guest (and virtualbox guest tools are installed at
least). Does anybody know if that is possible with virt-manager/libvirt/qemu/
kvm?

Also I noticed that I cannot scale my guest higher than 1920x1200. Is the max
resolution configured somewhere or is this a fundamental limitation?

Both my host and guest are Debian 10.

Thanks
Rainer

--