List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Stream m3u8 not supported by network music player
From:       john doe <johndoe65534 () mail ! com>
Date:       2019-07-31 11:04:48

Answering from this e-mail to all of the answers.

On 7/30/2019 1:50 PM, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:04:10 +0200
> john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I listen to a webradio for which I have a direct URL but my network
>> music players do not support the 'm3u8' format.
>
> Which network players? VLC and mpv, for example, apparently do support
> m3u8 playlists:
>
> https://www.lifewire.com/m3u8-file-2621956
>
> [and the manpage for mpv mentions m3u8]
>
>> I'm thinking to convert in realtime this m3u8 stream to a supported
>
> m3u8 is not a stream format, but a playlist format:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

Thanks for all of the answers.

I downloaded this m3u8 file:

https://cbcliveradio-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CBCR1_EKI@106780/index_96_a-b.m3u8

then in the above file I downloaded the following m3u8 file:

https://cbcliveradio-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CBCR1_EKI@106780/index_96_a-b.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

but now I have some .ts files, I get error 404 if I try to download one
of those file.

Where should I go from here?

I'd like to understand where/how I can find a direct URL to the m4a
stream from the above (VLC does it, so I should be able to  do the same).

As suggested I will look at transcoding if I can't find that direct URL.

--
John Doe