List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: kmail - several issues
From:       Curt <curty () free ! fr>
Date:       2019-07-29 12:34:50

On 2019-07-29, hans.ullrich@loop.de <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> in the latest version of kmail (debian/stable) I discovered several
> issues. As it might be possible, they belong together, I am just
> describing it here. Maybe these are already known.
>
> 1. It is not possible, to print an email any more. When I want to
> print an email , I just get an empty sheet. Also the preview of the
> print is empty.  This behavior appears in amd64 as well as in i386.
> This bug appeared already in 2017, was then fixed and now is appearing
> again. As far as I understood, an email to print is first transverted
> into HTML-form, then sent to the printer.  Knowing this is leading me
> to the second issue:

Hello,

I'm reading that the bug actually resides in Qt WebEngine 5.1  (fixed in
Qt WebEngine 5.12, but backport unlikely because quite difficult).

Seems like a serious bug to me. I'm uncertain whether it's possible to
print to file with positive results.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan