List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Package postgresql-9.6 is not configured yet
From:       Marco DE BOOIJ <marco () debooy ! eu>
Date:       2017-09-29 18:53:34

Tried to solve it by looking at the configuration script but with no
success. I gave up and, after securing my database and configuration
file, I did an apt-get purge of all postgresql. Then I re-installed it
again.

Unfortunately the purge had left the /var/lib/postgres/9.6 and this
prevented the correct installation (/etc/postgresql/9.6 was missing). An
other purge and rm -rf /var/lib/postgres/9.6. Now the install went
correct. After copying back the config files and database files I was
back in business.

Problem CLOSED.