List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Splitting MP3 files (again)
From:       Thomas Amm <debili () open-email ! net>
Date:       2017-09-29 2:16:40

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:05:15 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas Amm wrote:
>
> > Have you tried mp3split-gtk? Should do exactly that.
>
> I installed now mp3splt-gtk
>
> It looks like it would do exactly what I need, but when I press the
> play button, it says "gstreamer error: Internal data stream error"
>
> (22:26:24) Warning: No decoder available for type 'application/x-id3'.
> (22:26:24) gstreamer error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a
> plug-in.
> (22:26:24) gstreamer error: Internal data stream error.
>
> installed the crap gstreamer1.0-plugins-good and it worked as
> expected.
>
> The only problem left is that it does not produce the splitted file
> names from the original file.
>
> It says "description here_part1.mp3"
>
> I don't know if it is the file name itself is a problem. If you have
> some other nice advice, it's welcome
>
> thank you all
>
> regards

You can generate somewhat better file names from the preferences or
-much better- you could use a tagging tool like exfalso or easytag to
create metadata and mp3splt will do the naming from these. There's also
an option to generate metadata (i.e. tags) from the filename but I have
never tried that.

Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic