List:       debian-user
Subject:    Wireless Hard Lock on a Dell XPS 15in (releasable only during waking up from suspend)
From:       Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann () web ! de>
Date:       2015-05-19 14:23:53

Hi,

I have installed Jessie on a Dell XPS 9530 (late 2013) and am encountering
problems (that are shared by others on the web) using the wireless card: it
appears hard locked upon boot under all tested circumstances and no mocking
with blacklisting wmi, dell-laptop, or other googled remedies have helped.

The only thing so far that gets the wireless up and running is suspending
the machine and hitting the <FN>-<PrtScreen> combination DURING wake-up, as
described here: http://tinyurl.com/lsp3wyx

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any advise on how to proceed or what to
try.

Sincerely, Joh