List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Having trouble allowing cgi script on jessie
From:       John Bleichert <syborg () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2014-08-26 2:59:46

On 08/25/2014 07:42 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Running jessie with  apache2-2.4.10-1
< major snip >

I've been running apache/cgi on wheezy for quite a while (apache 2.2)
and FreeBSD before that. I tried mod_perl with apache 2.4 and could not
get it to work. As far as I can tell this is NOT a Debian problem -
apache 2.4 and perl just don't play well together yet.

I would love to be proven wrong on this.

Maybe try wheezy? I run it in a VM on jessie as a backup server.

Good luck,

John