List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: jessie: enigmail breaks (?) icedove
From:       Sven Joachim <svenjoac () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-10-31 20:04:51

On 2013-10-31 20:44 +0100, Matej Kosik wrote:

> I have recently noticed that it is no longer possible to install
> enigmail from Debian (Jessie) repositories without uninstalling
> icedove.
> Aptitude reports:
>
> "enigmail breaks icedove"
>
> This is puzzling because enigmail without icedove is not useful.

I tend to agree, but it is possible to use it with iceape instead.  Not
that I would recommend that, the iceape package is horribly outdated and
ought to be removed, at least from testing.

It's broken, see http://bugs.debian.org/726517.

> Thanks in advance for any good advice.

Install the enigmail version from unstable (I assume you do not use
kfreebsd so are unaffected by the above bug).

Cheers,
       Sven