List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Code Of Conduct (was ... Re: Security?)
From:       Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2013-09-28 13:22:35

On 9/28/2013 9:06 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 03:15:57PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>> So is it ok to post such a link?
>
> It does say that swearing is illegal on packet radio, which some people
> use to "read" the ML.

*** In the United States ***.  Ths U.S. is not the whole world, and
words which may be illegal in the U.S. are not necessarily illegal in
other parts of the world.

OTOH, I would *never* risk my license by accessing the internet via
packet radio - at least not without several layers of filtering.

> So understanding that, and also that swearing is unnecesary on a support
> ML, I'd say you have your answer.

I agree there.

> IOW, if there are swear words in the link, and you don't want to get
> anyone in trouble with the law, then DON'T post it.

Unfortunately, there are too many people on the internet who don't care.