List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: unable to mount a vfat filesystem.
From:       Pascal Hambourg <pascal () plouf ! fr ! eu ! org>
Date:       2013-07-29 20:43:50

atar a écrit :
> OK, so if this doesn't answer on your question, how can I check that the
> active kernel and initramfs are the intended one
> and not an older version ?

$ uname -a

should print the active kernel build date. If not, try :

$ cat /proc/version

You can compare it to the date of the module files in
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/ on the root filesystem.

To see the date of the module files in the active initramfs, you can add
the "break" option to the kernel command line with the bootloader.
Sorry, I don't know how to do it with syslinux. This will halt the
initramfs execution and drop a minimal shell, allowing you to print file
dates in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/ of the initial root. Press
Ctrl+d when done to resume execution.