List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: To 64 or Not to 64?
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-28 16:25:06

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 00:21, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> What do you do with your PC?
>
> If you're "just a desktop user", then I recommend sticking with 32-bits (and
> a PAE kernel if you have gt 4GB RAM).

I agree. One of the biggest problems with 64 bit desktop systems is
Flash: the Adobe implementation is still in alpha (and feels like it),
and the Gnash implementation is even further behind.

Let's clarify the Adobe Flash situation: on _some_ hardware, users
have no problems with 64 bit Flash. On others, it is a mess. I suppose
that Adobe is slowly adding hardware support and that is why it is
still an alpha. Try it and see how _your_ hardware performs.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com